Friday, April 25, 2008

Work In Progress

Hey guys, this is what I have so far for my board. The general premise is that two characters are eating in a diner and just doing whatev. and then one of their arch nemesis bombards them and they fight and then they pseudo defeat him by tossing him out into oblivion. I'm having a hard time coming up with cool/interesting angles for the fight, but I'm pretty happy with the beginning. I've included some character design stuff. My final boards will be more loose and feature-style rather than the tighter tv-style boards, so I'm not really going to use the 'model sheets' for anything other than size/shape reference.
BOARD:


CHARACTERS:

2 comments:

Mr.G said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to comment. I quick fight scene sounds like a good idea for the final boards. The shots were they are doing "whatev" look fine for the most part. It will obviously depend largely on the kinda stuff you have them doing and the shots probably wont need to be that dramatic. You should use this opportunity for us to get to know the characters through the quick little interactions with each other. As for the fight scene, the work we have done on Batman, The or otherwise, should prove helpful.

Shaun Featherstone said...

Hey you! The designs look sound and I'm certainly impressed by the fact you're keeping the action in the confided surroundings of the diner interior. In terms of shot transition, let's examine the use of the lighting provided by the diner in giving us some well needed tension in the interior. We're talking tension tomorrow and it'll offer you some very pertinent hints at maximizing the exchange between the two characters. Good start though Bo!