Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sorry

Hey everyone. Rusty here. I have been hit with some kind of flu or something hard, so I wont be in today. Also, I wasnt able to make it to the labs recently so all I have are these rough and unfinished pencils for my storyboard project. I am very sorry for all of this. Also, if someone could please leave me a message in the comments or something regarding not only what is due next week, but anything you might need me to do with these boards (finish them, redraw them digitally, anything) please let me know. Once again, I am sorry to both my team and the director. I will see you all next week.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xnl0jq5de7mdl2d

1 comment:

Shaun Featherstone said...

One word Rusty... TILT~! You've got to be break this natural resistance to the x, y, z rule of good staging and storyboarding. Everything you have here is adhered strictly to the classic z-line - taking the camera up or down, but never tilting the perspective into more dynamic territory.

You can do it, I saw it the last work you did on Floats. But it's just ensuring that you use it in the context of your live-action work also, in fact it's more essential to this project thanks to the fact that the main character is in a wheelchair and therefore lower than anyone else...

Saying that I do LOVE your first three panels leading the characters into the clinic in one continual camera move - GOLD~!

You also need to find a more appropriate use of live action reference to help you out with the drawing...

Shaun