Sunday, April 21, 2013

Coach The Coach - gameplan

@Team Luscious

Based on our assignment and the feedback that we received in class, We are in need of a little bit of a re-write for some portions of the story as well as 9 new beat boards. Here is what I recommend for the beats:

 - Picture of Kid Coach held up to Adult Coach. 
- Transformation - However that may occur.
- Kid Coach doesn't know squat - Maybe a comical way to show this throughout is to have a running gag that Kid Coach believes Furball is a cat. "I don't know you or you or this ugly cat."
-Kid Coach's confidence - One of the gang positions Kid's arm in the air to catch and maybe positions a smile on his face with the other hand.
-Kid's throw comes up short - Ball in the FG, gang disappointed or surprised in mid, Kid in BG.
-Snack Break - Kid get angry when he thinks he missed out on snack.
- Healthy orange snack - Gang with orange slice smiles
- Kid playing like a pro
- Re-Transformation - Kid is restored to his Adulthood but lacks memory of what just happened.
-Picture of Kid Coach and the Gang on the ground in the FG and Adult Coach in the BG petting Furball- "Good kitty."

So, there's 10. Let me know your thoughts.

As far as keeping the beat boards consistent, we should have one person do the line drawing, one do BGs, one person do Color and rendering. Krista and I tried this last class and it seemed to flow pretty well.

9 comments:

Mei + Mei said...

Hey Chris, thanks for the ideas! They sound pretty good! I remember in the discussion from both Chris and Shaun that the idea of how are we going to get kids to be interested in the story?

I was thinking maybe in a way we can have Furball be responsible for knocking the coach out or the reason he is changed back into a kid? Rather than the baseball being responsible (since they mentioned the idea of baseball being dangerous for kids)?

I like the beats, but I was thinking if we did tweek it up the most that would change would be the way Coach is knocked down or transformed, like maybe Furball is at the batting mound, hits the ball and runs and does not see that is ran past the base and towards the coach? Well if you guys can think of a better one, lol!

Also the beats, I like the idea for the line drawings, to render, etc...but I hope that's not too much work to do? If it is easier than that's ok, but if it's too much we can always split it up again!

Leslie Harwood said...

Omg it ate my first reply!! Trying again...

I agree that we should find a new, non-violent way for coach to be transformed. Maybe something more magical? He could bring some stuff from when he was a kid, like photos, a glove, etc, and tell the kids about it. Maybe furball could use that stuff to change him, or it could already be magical. A magic baseball, and touching it sends him back to his childhood!

I'm ok with splitting up the work that way if you are. If we do that though, we need to hurry, so we don't have to finish things at the last minute. I'm already totally booked for tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Leslie I totally agree. We need to make sure that this is not last minute. As far as putting up the work, I am fine doing the line drawings like I was doing last week on Wednesday. To that end, I will get most of them done tonight and gets these on to you as soon as possible. Leslie, would you be able to do backgrounds and flat coloring?Krista, I believe that you had expressed interest in doing rendering. Let me know if you recommend a better way to split this up I think this should keep the uniformity consistent.

Unknown said...

kid friendly, non violence, animals involved transformation of the coach. Here's my suggestion for it: it starts with fur ball coming out of his home under 3rd base and sneaking along to a box which he crawls inside. He popsvup out of the box with a big wool sweatshirt on and coach explains the contents of the box is from his childhood. furball holds up the picture of the kid and coach comments on it. Coach then pulls the sweatshirt off of furball which charges him with static electricity and when he touches the photo that they're both holding boom magic happens coach is transformed into a kid. A similar occurrence has to happen near the end with static electricity to change him back. Maybe this can be done by kid coach rubbing her bald head saying good kitty and charges him with static.

Unknown said...

sorry. That last comment is supposed to be furball gets his head scratched and it won't let me edit it. Thanks Google speak.

Leslie Harwood said...

I like the static idea!

I'm fine with doing flats and backgrounds, but like I said earlier, it'll have to be Tuesday. I can do them early in the morning though, and send them along to Krista, if that sounds good to everyone? :)

Mei + Mei said...

Sounds Grrrrrreeeeeaaaaat! (I have tony the tiger in me)! :)

Whenever you get the boards to me is fine Leslie, I'll get me some coffee beans and jelly streams and work it for wednesday! lol

Mei + Mei said...

for the static electricity like that, sounds funny - hopefully doesn't sound like a freaky friday moment! lol I almost want at the end when coach returns that we see an adult fur ball! hahaha but other than that I like the transformation!

Unknown said...

Adult Furball - Awesome!