Wednesday, October 29, 2008

For Next Week!

I know that you may have thought I came done on you all a little strong today but I firm think that there's a problem with presentation quality in the class. As I have said numerous times, if you don't have a the very least a successful sample of the storyboard assignments that you have done thus far in your portfolio then we all fail.

To help you in achieving this I am giving you all one more week on refining one of the projects as a portfolio piece. The following is a list of guidelines to assist you in this:

For next week:
1. Process Drawings:
Up-to-date thumbnails and pose sketches relating to the project refinement.
2. Sample 15 - 20 Shots of Action:
Choose a sample of the action of the piece and examine the continuity of the shots. Are there too many cuts, needless shot transition that doesn't drive the story or characters. Use this opportunity to examine this and then replace needless cuts with longer shots and more action. You'll be amazed at how well this works.

Remember that I am not asking for frames. We will explore the difference between shots and frames in depth from here on in. If your piece already has a limited number of shots or cuts then choose a relevant part of the action and refine 30 - 40 frames of a set piece in portfolio quality.

Optional and Additional Work:
Dialogue Sample: Only if you have chosen to use dialogue as part of the project. Typed up and incorporated into the bottom tag of the storyboards or separate document with numbered links to frames.

Hope this helps you to get this project ready for portfolio.

I'll be checking in on the blog regularly!
Shaun

4 comments:

Hansome said...

Cools. Shaun you open Thursday? this is Sang by the way.

Shaun Featherstone said...

Yep. Will be here until 4.30pm

Hansome said...

hey shaun, I can't make it today, but I did upload my new page on the girlscout on my website if you want to check it out. Thanks for your time.

Hux said...

Shaun, just wondering if it's still open to do either Sam and Frog or Phil and Puppy. It was my understanding that we could do either. And would it be all right if I did thumbnails for Sam and Frog to work on gags and story, and did Phil and Puppy for presentation?