Thursday, December 10, 2009

Energy Vampire PSA

So right now I have 2 options. I think it's obvious which one I prefer, but I will pitch them both.

Option 1
Characters: Girl, Energy Vampire, Native Ameriwolf

Girl walks by energy vampire who is slouched against the wall with several chargers plugged in. Pov as she looks over at him sparkling in the light.

Girl: Wow you're beautiful
EV: I know
Girl: What are you?
EV: I'm an Energy Vampire, can't you tell by the way my skin sparkles?
Girl: What's an Energy Vampire?
EV: It's someone who wastes energy by leaving things on standby, or keeping chargers plugged into the wall, even when they aren't charging anything.
Girl: That's cool ::giggles::
NA: No, it isn't cool.
EV: psha
Girl: Why not?
NA: It's blatant energy wasting from people like that who are slowly killing off my people.
Girl: You mean Native Americans?
NA: No, werewolves.
Girl: Oh...
NA: You shouldn't encourage Energy Vampires. In fact, pull out his charger.
EV: What?
Girl: Okay...
The girl pulls the charger from the wall.
EV: Eeeeeee
NA: Only *you* can help conserve energy.


Now the dialogue isn't finalized of course, but that would be the gist of it, prolly need to have the Ameriwolf prattle out more on the dangers of Energy Vampires.


Option 2 is a bit more dull.

One girl is sitting staring at the wall. A boy walks by and stops.
B: What are you doing?
G: Isn't it beautiful, the way it sparkles in the light?
POV of a charger in the wall with little eyes and a mouth with fangs...sparkling
B: I think that's just the wasted energy escaping since nothing is plugged into it.
G: What do you mean?
B: It's an energy vampire.
G: A what?
B: An Energy Vampire, they are devices that have standby mode, you know, the ones that don't turn off all the way and continually suck energy.
G: Oh
B: Chargers like this one can also be Energy Vampires if they are plugged in when nothing is being charged.
G: I won't wanna waste energy though.
B: Then you should help out by unplugging unused chargers, and completely turning off appliances when you aren't using them.
G: Okay!
The girl unplugs the charger from the wall.
Charger: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........




The second is probably more practical. But the first one is a bit more fun.


I'd post character mock-ups but my scanner is being dumb. Anyways hit me up with thoughts and I'll crack this out tomorrow. It's fairly short and won't require a whole lot of boarding ie: time.

3 comments:

LSchkufza said...

Again, I think either one would work. I definitely agree that the first one is more fun and silly, but the second is probably better for a broader audience.

I like how the first one really seems to speak to the current times and what we find popular for whatever reason.

The second one does make me think of those irritating PSAs with those smug kids talking about unplugging inactive electronics. I wish there was a way to combine the two.

Brandon Hill said...

I agree with Lori that the first one is working better if your going to play up the whole "Twilight" without saying it.

I also think that having the girl going up to the vampire instead of staring at the energy vampire is better.

Also I know we want to make this short, but make the girl struggle pulling the plug on the energy vampire. Either in the boards or the story. Make the announcer or werewolf say "If you really love energy you'll let it go" it would be great.

LSchkufza said...

"If you really love energy you'll let it go."

Haha! Love it!