Friday, December 11, 2009

Hydrant and Poppy take on the Forest




Hydrant and Poppy enjoy a nice hike in the forest when they pass
a guy with sunglasses. He's smoking then flicks it out at Poppy. Poppy screams and catches on fire. Hydrant panics as well then Poppy tells him to
put him out. Hydrant squirts water at Poppy and then the fire goes out.

Announcer: If you are going to smoke outside, practice safe habits by smoking in a 3-foot clearing. Grind out your tobacco in the dirt. Never grind it on a stump or log and never throw it away into the brush or on our beautiful Poppy's. Protect our forest because there might not be Hydrant there to save you!

Most of your guys know what Hyrant and Poppy look like, but I am posting a picture to refresh your memory.

Let me know if you guys think its still working. I will post some drawings later today.

2 comments:

Cody said...

Poppy looks more like a weed than a poppy. Just saying.


Anyways I think it's good. Gets the information across clearly. Could be even funnier if poppy catches fire and doesn't notice. Hydrant does though and loses his shit poppy asks what happened and the hydrant tells poppy that she is on fire. Poppy then has to tell Hydrant to "put me out, put me out!" because he's still panicking, in which he does.

The voice over bit is good though.

LSchkufza said...

Poppy's always looked a little funny, but I think that's part of her (?) charm.

I kind of like the idea of a delayed reaction to catching on fire, but I also like the immediacy of it in the way you've written it already. I think either way would work.

It's short, to the point, and I think it could be pretty successful.