Thursday, March 3, 2011

Script Intro

Here's a pdf of the intro I showed in class on Tuesday. I'm still working on the corrections. I wasn't sure how to upload a .pdf to blogspot so I uploaded it to mediafire so you just have to download it first. Hope that's okay.

Junior Giants Intro

I also uploaded the .mov of the initial silhouette gag. I imagine there will be some shots after it with the aliens being particularly obnoxious.

Silhouette Gag

In response to your comments Shaun-

I'm very sorry I couldn't make the corrections before the meeting earlier today so you could show them to Mark.

Here are some of the shots I'm working with now.



Van is going to enter and pull up to the corner in this shot



Mikey is going to spot Vince sitting on the bleachers.


Mikey walking to where Vince is sitting on the bleachers.



a two shot of both of them sitting on the bleachers looking at the book together.

I was thinking about this earlier. Because Mikey and Vince are sitting on bleachers in front of the ball park (instead of a bench facing the street) The backgrounds are mainly going to consist of the street and the bleachers behind them. Instead of the possibility of the ball park being in the background as they talk about the book. I wonder if this is the right direction to go?




...trying to work this shot it but I'm not sure if we need this big of a scale. Will pull Brad and Luisa out of the crowd, thanks for reminding me. I had totally forgotten about that comment D:

Sorry it's all still very rough I feel like I'm changing it quite a bit.

-Stephanie Hovden

1 comment:

Shaun Featherstone said...

Thanks for the upload Steph. Mark loves the use of the street to focus on Mikey and Vince reading. Nice interlude to the action to follow.

Could you possibly add a more distinct longshot of the field and the background in your piece? Also let's bring Luisa and Brad out of the throng to make more of their character?

The gag is working work although I think the shadows may need to run horizontally across the page more to have the ultimate impact~!

Well done you~!
Shaun