Thursday, April 7, 2011

Floats' Hood and Hat Situation

Hello everyone!

I've infiltrated your blog.  Beware!  I heard that there was some confusion over Cheeba's hoodie and Stones' hat.  This is what Gene had to say...
  • Stones' hat and Cheeba's hoodie come off in the Dead End Room when Stones and Cheeba begin to float up.
  • Both Stone's hat and Cheeba's hoodie can come off when the cloud or swirl of flowers gather around them.  The gust of wind as the flowers swirl by can sell the falling off of the hat and hoodie.
Thanh, Gene mentioned he said something else during the class, but follow these perimeters instead.

Thank you again! If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email me.

-Producer Andy

4 comments:

Thanh Ma said...

I was wondering about the issues about the hoodie because how Gene mention in class that his animators doesn't want to mess around with the CG hairs too much and from the script it seem like the girl has her hoodie down for MOST of the chasing scene.

Now that you said that the hoodie and the hat is going to be on most of the time...this is leading me to more questions...

In the script it's said the girl had her hoodie down when she first encounter Stone in the beginning so doesn't that mean that sometime after that the girl has to place her hood back on?

Then a machine picked the girl up by her ankle I would think she will be upside down and that also mean messing with the position of the hood and the hair...

It seem a bit messy.

As far as I know I think my teamates are going ahead and storyboard the girl without her hoodie off after she first take it down when she met Stone for the first time.

I also got an email for Gene that said it shouldn't be a problem if you already storyboard that scene out and it can be more of a production issues.

J C said...

This is Jaime. Sorry I never followed through on my previous invitations to join the blog. I find because of this I cant post the boards I've worked on. If someone would be so good as to invite me to the party again, I'm at jc@littlelizardproductions.com.

To my teammates, I'm sorry I insisted you guys post when I hadn't even verified I could!

J C said...

Oh, and I forgot to draw Stones with a hat, but they'll need to be redrawn anyway.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this Andy!

Jamie I think Shaun is the only one that can invite you. And maybe he could use the email you provided but do you also have a gmail? I know blogspot is linked to gmail I'm not sure if other emails will work D: Maybe try emailing him ? In case he doesn't check out the blog today.