Thursday, April 21, 2011

Floats - Producer Andy Notes

Hi everyone!

Shaun's notes are spot on to what I have written down.  I'm just here to bore you with the logistics of getting all the shots uploaded here.

The process will go as follows...

All boards should be 960 X 540 pixels, 72 dpi (at minimum).  Export as a high quality Jpg.  Save the file with the following naming convention...

Floats_FirstIntialLastName_BoardNumber.jpg

Floats_AWood_001.jpg
Floats_SFeatherstone_025.jpg

Because we didn't give you defined shots, lets just have you number your boards one through however many boards you have.  Take all of your boards and put them into a folder labelled...

Floats_Storyboards_FirstIntialLastName

Floats_Storyboards_AWood
Floats_Storyboards_SFeatherstone

After you've completed that, zip the folder, upload it onto the web (Somewhere where I can download it) and post a link in the comments of this blog post.

So far, I have not recieved boards from the folllowing (I will update this daily)...
  •  Andrew Han
  •  Rusty Jackson
  •  Jaime Chavez
  •  Eli Africa
  •  Thanh Ma
  •  Brian Syndor
  •  Chris Rieser
  •  Stephanie Hovden
  •  Davin Ergun
Thanks guys!  The boards look outstanding...

-Andy

9 comments:

J C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J C said...

Ok, sorry. I had uploaded 3 archived (zipped) files to the board and got the link confused, so I've deleted all and re-uploaded the most recent, and fixed the details of the naming conventions that I had got wrong (the folder was named "archive" and I forgot my first initial on the files themselves).

Sorry, I really did try to get them in and posted for you guys in a timely manner, I did.

In addition to being numbered sequentially, I've added the script line they most closely correspond to at the end. Keep in mind Ely's boards sandwich with mine, so mine start, then end the scene.

Like I said, I'm still working on these. I want to fix the faces and figures of at least some that I've fleshed out, and perhaps add the shading the the director seemed to like so much from the est shot. Any feedback or requirements are much appreciated.

I haven't yet redone the #33's, and I'm retooling them as a tracking shot from behind some of the machines as they are running, so we see them passing between the machines, and we keep the pace going. I thought the first two keep the pace, let me know if you want me to do something else with those two.

Also if you want me to completely rethink anything, or do more expansion, let me know. The board with the guards shadows approaching I think needs work.

I'm in a manic phase right now so its a good time to ask stuff of me.

Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yyqacvlbb3vvl86

DavinErgun said...

http://www.mediafire.com/?4l5or555fal4ici

Sorry about my absence,
I re-worked the opening shot of sliding under the door and the flower floating off, as well as the last shot of Cheeba's foot barely making it through the shrinking hallway.

Rusty Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rusty Jackson said...

Hey, this is Rusty. Well I reworked a few things from the last time, but I still have a bit more I want to change up. I am going to put these up and hopefully I can fix them up tomorrow without any problems.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2swhd03olfxul5t

Also, it may not be of any use, but I also made a really quick version applying some of the feedback to make it more dynamic. Its rough but I will put it up anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d232s7xcg16h7pr

Christopher Rieser said...

Chris Rieser here, so here is my latest boards on floats. i redesigned the gaurds a little bit, just their outfits, facial expressions, and movement. those were the only changes that were given to me from last week. but the link is here, and the naming conventions should be correct!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wu9uab3u8k4v1m1

Rusty Jackson said...

Rusty here. These are the final Floats boards.

http://www.mediafire.com/?x67zmr991tc39ff

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Updated boards for you Andy :)

Stephanie's boards