Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Famous Frames


Ernesto Melo:
I enjoyed looking at Ernesto Melo’s work. What got my attention the most was the simple designs and the confident line work in his boards; which reminded me of the animations I grew up with, like The Iron Giant (1999). He uses a variety of interesting camera angels and compliments it with explicit rendering. There are quality examples in the Animal folder; page number 2 is my favorite. Drawings on this page are very simple, but the characters are very believable. The expressions on the sheep’s faces, or the way that the dog is looking in the camera are the details that make Ernesto Melo’s work very strong. His choice of color palette is also brilliant. His environment folder has some nice coloring. 
I wanted to see more of his artworks so I found his blog. There are more examples of his artwork on that:
http://ernestomelo.blogspot.com/

No comments: