Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Famous_Frames_Jarid_Boyce

Andrew Lincoln
Famous Frames: Jarid Boyce

            After searching through the many talented artists of Famous Frames; Jarid Boyce’s work struck a chord with me. I watched the storyboard animatic that Boyce created for Jagermeister. Although; it is done in a rougher style, the action is clearly defined in each board. As Boyce describes the action, the art immerses the viewer into that world. I aspire to create work that involves an iconic cast of characters, in such a way as Boyce has in his boards for Jagermeister.

            Jarid seems to have a rough and rigid approach to his boards, but somehow contain a style that shows a clear message of what the viewer is supposed to be seeing I also like his approach to his sports storyboards and even in his people within the boards. This approach seems to work well since he has been successful in his work in television, video games, and feature productions. He has done great work for one of my favorite television shows; Dexter, and Metal Gear Solid: Rising, one of my favorite video game franchises. I hope to achieve such a wide array of work in my own career and work for such prestigious clients.

No comments: