Wednesday, February 27, 2013

FamousFrame Icon


 
The artist I chose from Famous Frames is Philippe Collot, who worked the storyboards on the Chevrolet and Blue Moon Beer commercials.  I chose him because his work, though it did not stand out as much...there was still something about his dynamic angles used in the car one and sketchiness that really made me feel like it was a rough but great storyboard.  They are a bit sketchy but still clear to read for the car one, and the beer one is colored and done with excellent beat boards that shows he can both draw and color if needed.  I know my coloring skills are very weak, so I admire that he can not only color his work, but can also do the traditional type style and still show how powerful it is whether it is toned or not.

Though I can’t say his work is distinctive, his line quality is very nice and can be both fine and scratchy. But when he colors it shows his he can make it clean and use the colors to really pop out the boards. That is another thing I have to work on, refining my lines and making sure they are not always sketchy looking.

No comments: