Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Famous Frames: Mark Millicent


It was hard to choose just one artist because every artist featured on the website brought something different to the table. I ended up choosin Mark Millicent because I felt that I best related to his work, his storyboards in particular. In the boards that he has posted under shooting boards, they are all pretty rough boards but they are still very readable.


I always put too much pressure on myself to make my boards look as tight and as cleaned up and valued as possible. Even though I know that with thumbs and rough passes, it definitely doesn't need to be that way. So I like the fact that Millicent's board are cleaned up and valued nicely but are still a little rough around the edges. I also like that Millicent's people drawigs aren't super realistic. Maybe it's just me, but I struggle as it is trying to draw super realistic characters on a big piece of paper, let alone trying to draw super realistically in a small widescreen thumbnail. So I like that the characters aren't super realistic but they aren't over exaggerated cartoons either.

No comments: