Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Xandra Zapanta - Famous Frames

Charles Ratteray

I adore his work mainly for his style. His storyboards can be rough at times, but it gets the point across clearly. The way he uses value in his work really does help with guiding the viewer's eye where it needs to be and his backgrounds are detailed enough that you know where the scene is happening, but doesn't distract the viewer.  He lightens things to knock them into the background and darkens elements that he wants the viewer's eye to focus on, creating clear storytelling. 



The gestures and expressions of the characters in the scene are clear, so you know exactly what they're trying to convey. The way he handles camera angles and movement also helps keep the viewer's interest. His understanding of perspective is also clear from his work and shows just how good of a draftsman he is. 







I'm aware that these boards have probably been cleaned up, but I just adore how dynamic his gestured and camera angles are - something I need to work on in my own boards.
________

Also, I can't make it to class today since I'm still recovering from eating some bad leftovers yesterday, but I'll definitely post the rest of my stuff later when I'm feeling a bit better.

No comments: